Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

More GOOT testimony

Last night, I slowly woke up realizing that a small body was behind me, playing with my hair. I had only been asleep about an hour, so I was deeply into it. After a few minutes, she whispered, "Mom, my ear hurts.  Will you put some garlic medicine in it?" I didn't immediately get up, so she asked again. I told her I would have to warm it up, so it would take a little while. I trudged into the kitchen to warm it in a bowl of warm water, hoping again that it would work. When I came back to my bed, I think she was already back to sleep. I dropped a few drops into her ear & brushed some on her feet. This woke her up. She didn't care for the feeling of the oil dripping down into her ear (it really is unpleasant to drop liquid into your ear), so she started shouting, "It tickles & hurts! Get it out! My ear hurts!!!!!" This went on for awhile, when I finally got a rag & started massaging her ear to help the oil get all the way in. We both went back to sleep, then I woke up about an hour later. I rolled over, & she woke up again. She started crying out, over & over, "My ear hurts, my ear hurts!!!" I tried to calm her down but finally got up to get her some tylenol (which she didn't want to take, lol) just to take the edge off. She finally took it & quieted down after about 10 minutes. This was now 3:30 a.m., & I was fairly positive that we were going to be making a visit to the Dr. today. She woke up today about 9:30, happy as can be. :) She said her ear hurts when she burps, but other than that she has been fine all day! And we didn't have to go to the Dr.! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment