Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Easter

I have been meaning to write about Easter for a few weeks...we have been in California for the last few years on Easter, so we haven't really attended church. It's always hard to take the kids to a new place, so we just haven't done it. This year, since we didn't go to California, we were home. I had the privilege (yes!) to sit through all 3 of our Easter services, & I have to say I was absolutely blown away!!!!! It was one of the best -- no, probably THE BEST Easter service I have ever attended. The choir (of which I was a part of, but let me tell you, I really had nothing to do with it) was AMAZING -- we have a fabulous new soloist who brought the house down! People were literally jumping out of their seats by the end of the song -- all 3 services! It was fun to watch. I was in tears by the end of the song, all 3 services. Powerful stuff. The music was great. The sermon was GREAT. Our pastor did a fantastic job. And to coordinate with his sermon, several people from our church put together an AMAZING video -- it is now on youtube & you can watch it by clicking on this link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrXs5HiYmC0 (If that doesn't work, go to youtube.com & search for Tommie Dochran - it should take you to the video by Jeremy Evarts). This was written, produced & acted all by people from our church, but if you didn't know that, you might think it was professionally done! Very well done. So, it was absolutely amazing to be a part of such a great outreach service, & I bet a church Easter service unlike many people had ever been to! It was not traditional. But it was Christ-centered & spoke of the HOPE we have because of Him! He is risen, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment