Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Kid Funnies

Here are a couple of recent funnies:

A couple of weeks ago Kellen said he didn't want to take a nap (he is not required to sleep of course, but he & Annika have to stay in their room for a 'quiet time'). I told him that next year, when he is in Miss Mary & Miss Jessica's class, he will go to school after lunch, so he will not have to take a nap then. He thought for a minute, then said, "But I will be so tired!" :)

Yesterday we went to Cabela's down in Lacey for the first time. The kids had a great time, looking at all the stuff. Annika & Kaarin spent a long time looking at the boats, & there were ladders for them to climb up so that they could see the boats better. (These were speed boats). Annika & I had this conversation:
Annika: "When can we get one of these?"
Mommy: "We probably won't."
Annika: "But when can we?"
Mommy: "Maybe when you have a job. Do you have a job?"
Annika: "Yes."
Mommy: "You do? What is your job?"
Annika: "The silverware..."
Mommy needed to specify that she have a job that earns $$!:)

Kellen has been saying 'butt' a lot lately, so finally I asked him who says 'butt.' Kellen replied, "Josh. He's a butt-saying guy."
And Kellen has also figured out that 'but' means "I was going to say something else, too." So now when he is reprimanded for using the word 'butt' that is what he says.

Kaarin doesn't have a lot of funnies that are easily rewritten, though she talks up a storm.:) The longest sentence she has put together so far in her short life came yesterday: "I want my Woody!"

No comments:

Post a Comment