Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More Kid Funnies

*I asked Annika today if she needed a new diaper. She replied, "It fine, mama!"

*Annika recently has started asking, frequently, if I am happy: "You happy, mommy?" It is usually after someone has done something to make me unhappy...

*After Kellen hurts someone, I ask him to give them a kiss & then he tells them he is sorry. Sometimes when I ask him to kiss Annika, she says, "It o-tay! Me happy now!"

*Today I found Kaarin standing on her little kid table, next to the piano...I got the camera out & she looked at me, smiled, & said, "Cheese!"

*Last night we were praying before dinner & I heard Kellen say in a quiet voice, "Put your milk down, Annika."

*Today Annika was in the bathroom trying to go & I picked her used diaper up off the floor. Kaarin looked into it & said, "Poo poo!" (there wasn't any, but she knows where it goes!)

*The other day I asked if anyone wanted to listen to the story I was going to read Kaarin before I put her down for nap (they get really upset if I start without them, most of the time). Kellen said, "No, I don't want to listen because I have been reading books all year."

*Tonight after dinner I was in the kitchen cleaning up, Kaarin was standing on a chair at the refrigerator (she really is a climber, that girl) & Annika was still in the dining room at the table. Erik had gone out to mow the lawn & Annika shouted, "I see daddy!" I said something back to her, & Kaarin said "Dada" & pointed straight at Erik's picture on the refrigerator.:)

Kellen has been doing a lot of pretend play lately, especially with his trains. He talks for them in different voices & talks like he is reading a book. For example, he will say in a high-pitched voice, "Look out! I can't stop!, shouted Flora." It's fun to listen to his imagination develop. Kellen is doing awesome at baseball - he really could skip t-ball all together, since he can hit on a pitch. Probably there aren't too many 4 yr. olds who can pitch, so I guess that's why they play t-ball...he has Erik hopping in the 'field' though!

Kaarin is our most verbal child so far at this age, I think -- I will have to look back to be sure, but she already says consistently the following words:
thank you
mama
dada
bubble
cheese
poo poo
bye
good night (in a sing-song way)
whoa
whee (while swinging, of course!)
there (such as after she gets something)

Annika is catching on -- today she picked up Potato Head's purse & said she was going shopping. Then she came to me & said, "Here's your coupons, mommy!" She is doing a lot of pretend play too, but not usually with trains.:) It's fun to see her imagination develop differently than Kellen's.

No comments:

Post a Comment