Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tonight Kellen was in his room, playing with a deflated balloon, kind of chewing it in his mouth. I told him he needed to take it out of his mouth, that it was dangerous. He asked why, & I told him that balloons can get stuck in his throat & mommy would maybe not be able to get it out to help him. He wanted to know why again, & I told him that balloons can get stuck & make it so he can't breathe, & if he can't breathe he would die (he has been talking about death a bit lately, not sure where it has stemmed from). He asked again about that, & I said that if he can't breathe, his brain can't work, & if he brain can't work he can't eat, or walk, or play...Annika was lying on the bed & she kept saying, "Me be with Jesus? Me be with Jesus?" :) I told her yes, if she died she would be with Jesus. Then she said, "Not be with mommy & daddy & Kellen?" No, baby, not until we die & go to be with Jesus too! Quite good insight for a 2 yr. old.



Annika has learned to recognize her ABCs already! We were reading The Berenstain Bears Count Their Blessings yesterday & on one page thunder booms, KABOOOOM. She pointed to each letter & said its name! She is also learning what words start with what letter. She learns so much with Kellen, it's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment