Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Stories

I have a few stories to share on this post:

On March 1st, we had come home from MOPS & were having lunch at the table. Kellen looked at me & said, "Mommy, I want Jesus to live in my heart!" So I told him that all he needed to do was ask Jesus to live there, & he would! Kellen said, "I want you to do it." Ha. I told him that Mommy could not do it for him, but that I could tell him the words to say & he could say them after me. So we did! I know that he does not fully understand the absolute magnitude of this decision (but who of us really does?) & yet I also know that children have amazing intuition when it comes to God, & the questions that Kellen asks reflect this. I also believe that God puts the desire for Him into our hearts, & that Kellen has responded to that. We have talked about it for a long time as we read our Bible, pray, & just talk in general about all that God has done. At MOPS that day they learned about Zaccheus & how his life changed when he met Jesus. We can still meet Jesus today, & our lives will be changed.

After church last Sunday we went to the pet store to get some new fish!:) We had a little chat with the pet store employee, who reminded us how to take care of fish (Um, no petting them, keep them in the water, etc.). Annika picked out a new Ella, & Kellen decided to name his Frosty again. I think he has since changed his to Markus again, even after he was telling Annika that she should have chosen a new name for her fish since the last one was Ella.:) So far, the fish are still alive! Woohoo!:) Sunday afternoon Kellen decided to teach us all how to play "Duck, Duck, Goose", & this had to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.:) My description will not do it justice, & I really wish I had videotaped it! So picture the 5 of us, sitting in a circle: Kellen goes first, & goes around the circle several times, "Duck, duck...." You get the picture. He finally picks Daddy & yells "Goose!" So Daddy gets up & chases him around the very small circle...so then it's Daddy's turn, & he picks Annika. So she gets up & chases Daddy. Annika goes, & she picks Kellen & they run & run & run in the circle....meanwhile, Kaarin has picked up on things, so every time someone gets picked, she also gets up & starts running around the circle.:) Then somebody does pick her, so she starts patting people on the head, "Guck, guck, guck, GO!" So. Funny. Eventually, all this running around the small circle catches up to them & they are dizzy & start running into things. So the game is over. Next time I will have to video tape.:)

Tonight we were having dinner (Erik was not there). This was our conversation:
Annika: "Who's your mommy?"
Mommy: "Grandma is my mommy."
Annika: "And Grandpa is your daddy!"
Mommy: "Right!"
Kellen: "And Daddy's daddy is Papa, & his mommy is Bestemor! I think he misses them."


Kaarin's vocabulary has really exploded over the last month, & she is starting to put 2 & 3 words together to make small sentences. Some of her new favorite words include: flush, grandpa, pee pee (which she usually says as she is running to the potty - YES! She has yet to go, but hey - I'll take what I can get!!), help me, me first, and....WHY. Oh yes. She has discovered the never-ending cycle of 'WHY.' I really think she has learned this word earlier than the other 2, but I could be wrong...it is really cute, the way she says it, the first couple of times...;)

Today was class pictures for Kellen, & he did awesome. We had been discussing it for the last couple of days, preparing for it, & all along he told me he would not take the picture unless he was sitting on my lap. I was doing my best to remind him that mommy is not in his class.:) Kaarin, Annika & I hid in the hall today just in case I needed to go help out, but he did awesome. Yay! See? Happy stories!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment