Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Organizing


I have been trying to get our house more organized, as well as get rid of things that we really don't need or use anymore. I have a friend who has come over a couple of times to help, & I had also bought a 2 hour organizing time by a 'professional' organizer at our MOPS auction. She came out one day & we (together) spent 5 HOURS organizing my kitchen, & still really didn't get done...needless to say, I think I got my $$s worth out of that one!!! Part of the problem, obviously, is that I can't spend 5 hrs. very often getting things done, as my poor kids were watching a movie during part of that time (we started during nap time). I am going through all the baby stuff that I don't need anymore & will sell a lot of it at a big consignment sale at the Puyallup Fairgrounds the first weekend of April.

One thing that I recently bought to help organize the kids' shoes is the pictured shoe box. I was tired of their shoes always being a pile under the entry way table, or Kaarin putting them on & wandering off with matches to 2 different shoes, or the kids not being able to find their shoes when it was time to leave in the morning. So this shoe organizer has been GREAT for several reasons:
1) It has completely taken care of the mess under the table,
2) The kids can always find their shoes,
3) They are TOTALLY into putting their shoes in the 'box' since this is the kind of thing they put their shoes in at McDs, Charlie's Safari, Pump It Up, etc. - so they think it's cool,
4) Even Kaarin can do it,
5) It gives me little giggles when I look in & see Kellen's shoes, Annika's shoes, Kaarin's shoes...AND....Kaarin's socks, LOL!!!! Check out the picture again & see if you too let out a little giggle.;)

1 comment:

  1. Ah organizing! I too must begin. But where? I think I've given up on the shoe dilemma.

    ReplyDelete