Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sharing a room

We have been planning to move Annika back down to 'her' room with Kaarin in the Fall, before school starts again. I have had mixed feelings about this, mostly because I feel like Kellen will really miss her when she is gone. They have been sharing a room for 2 years now! Anyway, I am rethinking the plan after this conversation with Kellen a couple days ago: Mommy: "O.K., 5 more minutes & then I'm going to get Kaarin ready for nap, & then after her will be your turn." Kellen: "Why do you always put Kaarin down for a nap first, & then us?" Mommy: "Because Kaarin is littler & needs more sleep that you do. When she gets bigger she will go to bed at the same time as you." Kellen: "YEAH! And then she can come sleep with us, because it would be sad to have to sleep all alone!" Kellen also said this: "I have lots of friends: Gideon is my friend, Markus is my friend, Drew is my friend, & Annika is my friend AND my sister!" So my new plan is this: to move Kaarin into Annika & Kellen's room, get bunk beds for the older 2 & let Kaarin sleep in the crib/day bed that is in there, & make Kaarin's room the play room! I think they will enjoy sharing a room all together (for few years) & bedtime should go fine since Kellen & Annika will probably not take naps starting in the fall (Kellen will be at school in the afternoons). Also, Kaarin's nap will be ealier because we will have to pick Kellen up by 3:00. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this...:)

1 comment:

  1. Luke and Jack have always shared a room and they love it! Tim and I will probably only separate them when they ask. Right now, Jack is too scared to even go to sleep by himself if Luke isn't in there right away. Eventually, we will get them lofted beds and put a curtain around the underneath part so they can have some of their very own space, if they want it. I think it's a great idea keeping them together. There is going to be a time when they want nothing to with each other for a while. Embrace it while you can.

    ReplyDelete