Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Dinosaurs?

I've never really given much thought to dinosaurs. Sure, I've seen their bones, I've seen Jurassic Park about 20 times (read the book, too!), but dinosaurs have never really held much interest to me. But then I had a son. Who LOVES dinosaurs. And the more dinosaur books I read, the more concerned I became. I said to Erik one night, "Have you ever thought about dinosaurs & the fact that most of the books out there go against everything we believe about Creation & what the Bible tells us?!" And he answered "yes," but neither of us really had the answer. Because the Bible tells us that God created the world in 6 days (He rested on the 7th), & Adam & Eve lived in perfect harmony with all creatures before the fall (when they disobeyed God & ate from the tree He told them they could not eat from). So if that's the case, which we believe that it is, dinosaurs couldn't have lived millions of years ago before there were any people on earth. So we really felt like we needed to figure this one out so that we could teach our kids the Truth. And, lo & behold, coincidentally (or not!), our church (which has some simply amazing things happening in it!!!) had invited a man named Dr. Tommy Mitchell from Answers in Genesis to come & speak over 3 days, & one of his topics was Were There Dinosaurs on the Ark? Woot! He was an absolutely FANTASTIC speaker & he answered tons of our questions in a biblical way. We went to every session that he did except for 2 & loved all of them. In case you are wondering, he is a biochemist + an M.D. He has left his medical practice to speak with Answers in Genesis. I hope that you will look up the website www.answersingenesis.org & see what they have to say. ALSO, our church website has ALL of his talks on its sermon podcasts, so you can hear them all! If you go to www.lc3.com & click on 'sermons' just scroll down until you find Dr. Tommy Mitchell & it will have all of his talks listed by title. Keep in mind, however, that he used a lot of graphics that will not be visible, so he might lose you on a few points. He is so engaging though, I think you will get the gist!
(In case you are also wondering, he completely believes dinosaurs roamed the earth, that they were created the day Adam & all the other land animals were created, & that earth is only a few thousand years old - 6,000 at the most, I think - & that there WERE dinosaurs on the ark! Listen to find out why!)

No comments:

Post a Comment