Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Good Morning

I am posting this in the morning, as all the kids are still asleep. I really love that they are not 'morning people,' since I am not either.:) Even at 8:00 I hate getting out of bed. But I truly have a difficult time going to bed before midnight! Some things are hard to change...:)

Kellen was the special helper at school yesterday, which also means that he provides the snack. I asked him what he wanted to take & he told me blueberry muffins, milk, & watermelon. Easy enough. We made mini blueberry muffins, we always have milk (I think he is the only kid who brings milk - all the others bring juice!), & fortunately Costco has watermelons this time of year! The snack was a HUGE hit, & the only thing I brought home was 3 mini muffins! I am hoping I actually sent enough watermelon, since I didn't really count how many pieces I put in...I guess it is just a 'snack' & not their lunch! Kellen did some drawing last night at the dinner table, & told me he was drawing trees with big trunks so that they wouldn't tip over, & thunder & lightning. He is a little obsessed with the wind blowing things over, it really worries him at times! I think it stems from our trip to Palm Springs last year when we had some huge wind & it blew his basketball hoop away & a few other things, & also the umbrella on the outside table tipped & cracked the table while he was eating lunch. Poor guy. Any time the wind blows he asks if the trees are going to tip over. But, it is fun to see him actually trying to draw specific things instead of just scribbles.:) He also finds letters in his drawings, usually unintentionally occurring -- he finds lots of 'u's.:)

Last night at dinner Annika asked for more mango. I put 3 pieces on her plate & she said (like I knew she would), "No, 5." I said, "That is 5" & she said, "No, 3." Whoops! Caught in my fib!;) I don't know if it was a fluke (if she would have said 3 no matter how many) or what, but it was pretty impressive at the time.:) She is learning so much from Kellen, & she can make sure she gets out 2 vitamins, etc., when I tell her a specific number. So I wouldn't put it past her!

Kaarin has been standing up in her crib in the mornings when I go to get her up. It's so cute! She is shorter than the other 2 were at this age, so she can barely see over the top of the crib. I will try to get a picture of it.:) I took her in for her 9 month pictures on Monday & they turned out SO CUTE!! I always order too many of the kids at 9 months.:) Funny, then by 18 months I can barely pick one out to order....

I hear the kiddos, must go get them up now.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment