Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!:) Erik & I celebrated last night by going out to dinner 100% kid-free!:) We went to Chili Thai in Puyallup...yum! We hadn't been there before, but it was very good. We had leftovers for lunch today, which were still really good! We picked up Kaarin from grandma & grandpa & then Kellen & Annika spent the night. We got a few things done this morning before going to pick the kids up. We had our new traditional family Valentine celebration of fondue! The kids really got into it this year, I'll post pictures next time.:) We did cheese with bread & pears & chocolate with cookies, marshmellows, bananas & cream puffs. They actually ate more of the cheese, but perhaps that was because they were too full by the chocolate?:)

Our washing machine is on the fritz AGAIN. I think this is the 5th or 6th service call we have had on it in the last 10 yrs. Not good. Erik is going to stop in & look at new washers on Tues., & the service guy comes out on Wed. I think the problem is with the pump again, basically the washer won't drain. And lovely as it is, I was right in the middle of washing diapers....so you can guess what the water sitting in the washer tub looks like. YUCK! We'll see what the prognosis is, but we are farily tired of putting $$ into this thing. The bummer part is that when it works, it's a great washer. But it breaks down so frequently (& unexpectedly) that it is really such a pain. Fortunately we were heading to my parents' house so I was able wash some loads there. But...ugh!

Some funnies from the kids:

*The other night I was heading to choir, so I was saying goodbye to the kids since they are in bed (theoretically) when I get home. I gave them each a kiss, then was doing something & said goodbye again. I asked Annika for another kiss & she said, "DID!" I asked her if she wanted to give mommy another kiss & she said no!:)

*Kellen has a little boy in his class (Drew) who is allergic to peanuts. One morning Kellen had had peanut butter on toast for breakfast so I told him I needed to wash his face real good before he went to school because peanuts could make Drew really sick. Another morning he had smoothie for breakfast & had it all over his face. I told him I was going to wash his face off, & he said, "Does Drew not like smoothies either?"

*Kellen came out of school one day & told me "Titus had silly hair today!" I asked him what he meant, & he said it was silly in the front (he pointed) like Drew's -- kind of spiked up.:) I told him I could do that to his hair, did he want me to? And he said, "No, I don't want to have silly hair!"

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you want a brand new washer but we found some great deals on Craigslist and ended up getting our washer AND dryer (the previous series of Kenmore)for only $200. A ton of people just get new ones even though there current ones are still working great. It's still a gamble though, but I thought I would just suggest it ;)

    ReplyDelete