Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Almost summer!

I was thinking earlier that I could post that Kellen's behavior has been improving, but then he didn't have such a hot morning...so I'll just say that his behavior has been better on a whole, with fewer 'scenes.' He is definitely a creature of routine, so having the construction finished is helping him. He is still not using the bathroom, I guess he is still adapting to the new one.:) I wish he'd hurry up, but there is no rushing him!

It's hard to believe that this is the last month of school for him! I think he only has 7 days left! I think he will miss Miss Karen & Miss Karen, they have been great first teachers for him! The nice thing about his next class is that he will already know one of the teachers, Miss Michelle. I think that will help his transition. Plus, he will also already know most of the kids in his class. A few are going on to pre-K & skipping the 4 yr. old class, but the majority are moving up with him.

Kellen has been really working hard on writing his letters & numbers, & learns more & more each day. He always wants to know what letter words start with. We sound them out & he usually gets them. I don't think he shows this knowledge at school too much.:)

I had to take Kellen to get new shoes (he is in 11.5 now) as his other shoes (size 10) were too small. I had bought him a pair of Geox shoes (they sell for $60) on sale for $29 awhile back, but he wouldn't wear them...so I took him to Nordstrom to let him pick out a pair so that he would wear them. He picked out a pair of Nikes, & we wore them home. Then, after nap, he put them on & said they hurt & took them off & wouldn't wear them. Grrr! He literally had NO shoes to wear, since I told him we left the old pair of Nikes at the store when we got the new ones!! So, at 8:00 p.m. I took him back to Nordstrom, where he tried on pretty much every pair of shoes in the store before we finally settled on a pair of Stride Rites. I hope his feet don't grow for awhile!! After that we went to 31 cent scoop night at Baskin-Robbins.

I took the kids to Charlie's Safari on Monday while the gal was cleaning our house. They had so much fun!! Annika is a bit too brave for me sometimes! She was befriended by a little girl (who wanted to have someone to lead around) who took her up to the very top of the climbing structure. Then Annika went down the huge slide, head first! She did get hurt, & fortunately she learns from those things so she didn't do it again.:) Kellen had a great time jumping too, & even Kaarin got to climb a bit! Last time we were there she couldn't crawl! We came home & they were still cleaning our house, so we went to Costco.:) We will have to find a different activity for the cleaning days so that we are out of the house!

I scheduled the kids' first dental appts. for June 3rd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment