Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Little Pea

Kaarin is still a little sweet pea, really only wearing 9 month clothes at this point (the other 2 were in 18 month clothes by 12 months because they were so LONG). She can fit into some 12 month clothes, depending on the brand, but can also still wear her 6 month clothes from last summer.:) I was thinking about all the 'good' things about her being small:
1. She can still fit into her infant carrier carseat. (K&A outgrew it at 6 months, due to length.) This means that if she falls asleep in the car I can get her out w/o waking her. It also means she can ride in the cart at Costco & there is still room for the other 2 in the seats of the cart.:) Same with Fred Meyer.
2. I can still carry her easily in the Moby wrap. The other 2 didn't get too heavy, but they got too long. And since I don't have a triple stroller, I need some way to carry Kaarin while the other 2 ride in the stroller...they can walk sometimes, but not for actual walks or up the really big hill at the zoo...or when I'm in a hurry.:)
3. She has caught up to Annika's season of clothing. The girls are almost exactly 6 months opposite seasonally, which means Annika's 0-3 month clothes were all winter while Kaarin needed spring, etc., etc. But since Kaarin is so much smaller, she is the right size for Annika's season of clothing now!
4. She will always be the "little sister." In more ways than 1!
5. I can affectionately call her 'runt' or 'little sweet pea.':)
6. She will stay my 'baby' for a little longer, perhaps...
7. She is getting a lot more wear out of her clothing!! Annika & Kellen grew so fast the first year, their clothes look like they were barely worn...because they were! Kaarin is getting more $$s worth out of the clothes, & is actually outgrowing them by season rather than size.:)
8. It makes it look like there is a little more of a gap between the kids, haha.;) I currently have a 3 yr. old, a 2 yr. old, & a 1 yr. old. But people think Annika is older because she's tall, & they think Kaarin is younger because she's short...so maybe they think I am a little less crazy than I actually am to have had 3 kids in 34 months...

That about sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment