Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

First funnies of 2012!

One of the kids' jobs is to put away the silverware. It is fairly simple, & Kellen does a great job of just putting it away without complaining. Annika does pretty well, Kaarin I usually have to ask several times...yesterday it was her turn to do it, so she asked me to put her on the counter (usually they stand on a chair) so that she could see the drawer. I said, "O.K., Kaarin -- do the silverware." She says, "You do it!" I said, "No, Mommy doesn't put the silverware away, the kids do." She says, "Ok mommy. I the mommy & you the kid." A little more time & coversation passes, & I say again, "Kaarin, do the silverware." She says, "But I the Mommy - you the kid." Ha. Nice try!

The kids love to make a train out of the chairs in the dining room, including the art table chairs, so there is usually enough room for lots of riders.:) Last night the girls made a train, so I was the passenger (the boys were playing football). They said it was the polar express & we were heading for the north pole. Annika said that we were going to have hot chocolate soon, & so she & Kaarin brought some around. Annika took an 'extra' one & said, "I'm going to put this one down here (under the chair) to keep it safe for the boy in the back that I like, because he didn't get any."

While our power was out (the first night) we went out to dinner at El Toro. Before we left I had put on a blue fleece, then my coat. When we got to the restaurant, I took my coat off. Kaarin says, "It is like a sweater. You wearing Muss-more's (Bestemor) shirt?" :) She remembered that Bestemor has a blue fleece too.:)

Kellen was playing some game where he was 'getting' Annika. Kaarin says, "Let go of my sister!"

No comments:

Post a Comment