Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Noses & hair...

We had to take Annika to the Dr. on Friday (in the midst of the power outage & nasty weather) for her NOSE. We thought she may have broken it. Last Tuesday she had fallen off of her (Stokke Tripp Trapp) chair at dinner & landed full impact on her nose (her feet had hooked under the chair & the momentum just took her straight down to the floor -- kind of hard to describe, but you get the idea). Anyway, it bled just a little bit, she cried for awhile, but then calmed down, & then she only complained if someone bumped it on accident. So I didn't worry too much about it. Until Friday morning (barely - she got up at 10:30!!) she came out & had this nice bruise across her nose & under her eyes!! So, I called the Dr. to see if I needed to do anything about that & they said that since it had 'spread' to her eye area that she needed to be seen. So Erik took her in, but it is not broken, just swollen! She really looks like she got beat up. It's probably a good thing we haven't really gone anywhere this weekend!

And on a funnier note, Kaarin seems to have developed this 'curl-hawk,' kind of a curl mohawk! It naturally does this when she wakes up every morning, & I have to fight it down, & then it comes back when she takes a nap or plays with her hair (which she does when she's tired)! It cracks me up, so I had to document it.:)




No comments:

Post a Comment