Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reading

This week we started reading chapter books with Kellen & Annika (I was originally going to just start with Kellen, but Kellen & Annika are usually together.:) ). I chose to start with "The Boxcar Children," books that I LOVED when I was a kid. I thought Kellen would like them, since they are about kids who live in a train boxcar.:) It went really well! We finished the book in about 5 days (I think we missed a day or 2 in between). After finishing that one, we started "Fantastic Mr. Fox" & we finished it in 2 days! It was a book I had not read before, but we also had the movie so I thought it would be fun to read it & then watch it. (The book was better than the movie, though the movie was cute -- maybe a little too old for them). And NOW we have started "Winnie the Pooh," the actual novel. :) I have a couple more books on request at the library. I am glad the kids are enjoying it!

And Kaarin continues to want to 'read' to us each night.:) It is so cute. She reads "Panda Bear" & "Tractor" with ease, & tonight she also read me "5 Little Monkeys" & "Little Quack Counts." It is so fun to see the kids enjoy books, because I love them so much! My secret hope is that when the kids all learn to read that we can have "silent reading" time every day & I will get to read more!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment