Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

First weekend of the new year

Happy New Year again! We have had a good weekend to start the new year.:) Kellen & Erik went to the model train expo Sat. at the WA St. History Museum. Kellen loved it, of course. They they also took a trip to the UW book store & got a new Husky football & a book...hmmm. I may have to minimize these father-son trips if that's the kind of contraband they're going to come home with!;) Today Erik & I went to the Seahawks game, courtesy of my friend Eric.:) The game was fairly boring, & the Seahawks lost, but we still had fun. Grandma & grandpa babysat all 3 kids for really the first time (they've done it before, but not for nearly this long!) & everyone survived! In fact, they did great!!:) Kaarin was happy & took her bottle, all 3 kids napped, so grandma & grandpa got a break. Yay! It was nice to have a break from all 3 at the same time.

Annika has gone pee-pee on the potty for 3 straight mornings!!! She has been sitting on the potty for awhile, since she watches Kellen do it, but nothing has ever come out until now. The first day I thought it was a fluke, but now with 3 in a row I think she is starting to catch on a little! I will just let her initiate at this point, but I certainly anticipate her being trained at a much earlier age than Kellen! Oh, to be back down to 1 in diapers...!! Amazing. Kellen is doing awesome, though he is still too embarrassed (?) or something to go when people are at our house or when we are somewhere other than home. But usually he holds it until it is "safe" to go. Kellen starts back to school on Tuesday. That is also grandma's birthday! Kaarin goes back to see the dietician on Thurs. I imagine this will be our last visit with her, since Kaarin is taking a bottle now & is starting to eat more baby food. I am sure that her weight has held steady. It will be interesting to see what she is up to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment