Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Growing up!

I took Kaarin to her appt. with the dietician today: she is up to 14 lbs. 8 oz. & is 26.5 inches. She hasn't gone up the chart too much, but she hasn't fallen off of it either (except in height-for-weight, but all 3 of the kids are like that). The dietician feels like she is doing really well, though would like to see her have some "catch up" weight. The plan (not sure I care for this plan, so we'll see how much I utilize it!) is to add 1/4 t. of olive oil to each of her food meals. This is just to add some fat to her diet. I'm not real concerned with her catching up in weight, since she has been healthy all along & her development has been great. So I probably won't add it to every meal.:) She is doing a little better with the spoon. She is not really feeding herself anything yet, puffs or other chunks. She'll pick them up but doesn't put them in her mouth. She is so much like Kellen was. She'll get the hang of it. It just might take awhile. Anyway, she is scheduled to go back in on March 4th for a final check up. The dietician is a mom, which helps, & she seems to have a good grasp on normal eating patterns when nursing, etc. So she has been un-concerned for the most part as well.

Kellen started back to school this week, & is doing well. His teacher said he has pretty much picked up right where he left off. We weren't sure if he was going to "backslide" & not want to participate in some of the things he had started doing.

Grandma babysat Annika today while I took Kaarin to the dietician & Kellen was at school -- they went to the play to learn at the library. Annika turns into an observer while there, but I think because there are so many people. She does participate, but wants more help than usual.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading blogs -- one of my favorite activities to do while feeding Zeke! ... Go, Kaarin! ... Looks like the world will have another little, petite girl :)

    ReplyDelete