Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First Day of School -- x2!

This year we had 2 first days of school! Kellen started pre-k at Little Church on the Prairie on Sept. 12...




....And Annika started the Jr. Class on Sept. 13th! She has been SO ready to start school, especially after bringing Kellen for the last 2 years!! So the day finally came.



I think her first day wore her out -- here she is, after lunch on that day.:)





Second day of school, with her cubby. You would never know that she is excited, but she really is.


Annika LOVES school, & she talks about it all the time at home. She is so proud to be able to say "my school" now, & tell us all the things she did. HOWEVER -- she is still Annika, stubborn when she chooses to be (where does she get this?? ha), so I don't think she's had any juice at school for snack so far because she refuses to say "yes, please" in order to get some...today she wouldn't put on her coat (& she was wearing a sleeveless dress similar to the one above) so Miss Karen let her stay inside because she was too cold -- um, no, that will not happen again. She can either wear her coat or dress more appropriately for the weather! She chose her clothes & refused to put a shirt under it. That doesn't get you a pass to stay inside! Sorry, chica. Anyway, it's only been 6 days of school so far, so I'm sure she'll warm up - hee hee.;) Miss Karen & Miss Karen will bring out the best in her!


Kellen actually seems to be having a good year so far! I'm not sure if it's the afternoon class, the staff, the fact that he goes 4 days in a row, or just that he's another year older, but he seems more relaxed with school this year. He still has his motto "I don't play at school" (I'm tellin' ya -- where do they get this??) but I think he has explored a bit more this year. Kellen's quote of the year: (Me) "Kellen, is Bailey a boy or a girl?" Kellen: "I don't know. Probably a girl. They're pretty much all girls..." (last year in his class there were 10 boys & 5 girls...)







No comments:

Post a Comment