Mom...

Mom...
I can't have any more kids, I don't have any more arms!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Microwaves & MOPS

I sold my microwave yesterday. I know, weird, right? I have read a lot of research lately that has convinced me that microwaving food really makes it unhealthy for human consumption. I unplugged ours a couple of months ago, just to see if I could do without it, & then decided that I could. So I posted it on craigslist & lewisyardsales (just like CL, but only in Pierce county). I was shocked at how many people wanted my 14 yr. old microwave! ;) And yes, I did ponder whether I should just destroy the thing or sell it to some unsuspecting soul who will transform their own food into frankenfood....I decided that each person can make their own choice on microwaves (aren't they in pretty much every household in America??) & this is my choice: to not have one. Anyway, I first heard from a gal named Christy, so being the nice person that I am (ha!) AND also having experienced in the past telling someone that I wanted to buy their item only to have them sell it from under me, I patiently waited for her to respond each time to my e-mail about when/where to meet. I was putting together a profile in my mind that she must work nights (though most people on LewisYS are military) because she always e-mailed me at 3:00 a.m. I thought this might make it a tad difficult to meet, since I am normally asleep at this time (& $20 wasn't really worth it to me...). Finally, we ended up connecting & planned to meet on Sat. p.m. at a gas station. This coincided with me heading out to a girls' night out, so I thought the plan was coming together well.:) I met Christy at the 76 station, & as she got out of her Chevy Blazer, it of course started to rain. We introduced ourselves, & she said, "I'm so glad this finally worked out. I just got out of the hospital after having a baby, my 3rd boy. I've been pregnant for 3 yrs!" Ha ha! I said that I, too, was pregnant for 3 yrs.!!:) Her kids are 13 months apart & then 22 months apart, whereas mine are 16 & 17 months apart, but close enough....we ended up talking for 45 minutes (yes, in the rain!) & I invited her to our MOPS group (Mothers of PreSchoolers, check it out at www.mops.org if this is new to you!). Being the publicity person this year, I had made business cards to give out for just this sort of occasion! AND....they were in my van....& I had Erik's car, since I was kidless going to a girls' night....!!!!!!!! I dug around in my purse a bit, hoping I had stuck one in there, but no. Fortunately I had her e-mail address, so I e-mailed her the info. :) She will probably not come this week, since she JUST had a baby, but hopefully she will make it sometime later this year. :) So, all in all, I decided that it really was a good idea to sell my microwave!

No comments:

Post a Comment